Friday’s are bake day here at Anitas Beauty and Bakes. The little ones love helping me out. Usually it’s cookies or some sort of cake.
I decided to make apple crumble since I had a few cooking apples sitting here needing to be used. It’s ages since I’ve made an apple crumble but thankfully it turned out yum.
- 2-3 Cooking Apples
- 125g Plain Flour
- 125g Porridge Oats
- 125g Light Brown Sugar
- 125g Unsalted Butter or Margarine (have at room temperature)
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Peel apples and roughly chop. To stew them pop them in a saucepan with two tablespoons of water and hear gently until they are soft
- Grease a baking tin with some butter and put apples into the tin
- Put the flour into a bowl. Add in the butter and rub into the flour with your fingers.
- Add in the sugar,cinnamon and the oatflakes and mix together.
- Pour mix on top of apples and bake in over for 20 mins.
- If you want a little more luxury you can pour caramel over the apples before adding the crumble mix.
You can serve the apple crumble with ice cream, custard or cream. We went with custard.
Be sure to let me know if you make it using #anitasbeautyandbakes.
* I had this post planned for Friday but typically my phone crashed so was only able to post today*
xxx Anita xxx